Job opening: Adult/Young Adult Librarian
The Demmer Memorial Library in Three Lakes, Wisconsin is seeking a full-time (38 hrs/week) Adult and Young Adult Library Services Coordinator. This creative, energetic, and collaborative team player will provide engaging programming and library services for adults and young adults at the Demmer Library and in the Three Lakes community.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to:
- Develop a calendar of age-appropriate and relevant adult and young adult programs, including drop-in events and programs presented in collaboration with community partners.
- Create, circulate, and display a wide variety of original marketing and publicity materials using traditional and electronic media.
- Provide first-class service to library patrons by assisting with finding library materials, answering reference questions, and teaching new technology, while fostering a friendly and welcoming environment.
- Coordinate and liaise with volunteers to engage individuals in supporting their Demmer Library with their time and talents.
- Perform essential technical services, including processing new acquisitions, maintaining records in the integrated library system database, and reviewing and maintaining patron records.
- Work both independently and in collaboration with other staff and volunteers, always striving to provide the best possible library service to the Three Lakes Community.
Starting salary up to $14/hour, depending on qualifications and experience. Full benefits package available. Some evening and Saturday hours required.
View the complete 2017 AYA Librarian Job Description
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Review will begin May 22; preference will be given to applications received by that date.