Library Technician – Temporary
The Demmer Memorial Library in Three Lakes, Wisconsin is seeking candidates for temporary 20 hours/week library technician position(s), May through December 2018.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for opening/closing the public service area of the library and maintaining customer service during normal operating hours.
- Perform circulation desk procedures, such as checking materials in and out, placing holds, issuing and renewing library cards, collecting fines, etc., using a computer database.
- Answer patron questions and refer reference questions to appropriate staff member as needed, whether in person or by telephone.
- Monitor and maintain basic public computer access procedures.
- Sort, shelve, and maintain displays of library materials as needed.
- Be trained in performing essential technical services, including processing new acquisitions, maintaining records in the integrated library system database, and reviewing and maintaining patron records.
- Assist with programs, light housekeeping, and other duties as assigned.
Starting salary up to $12/hour, depending on qualifications and experience. Some evening and Saturday hours required. There are no benefits associated with this temporary position; however, a successful candidate that demonstrates skills and aptitude during the temporary period may be invited to apply for a permanent position.
View complete job description Library Technician job description.
To Apply: please submit a coverletter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Library Technician application. Application review begins April 20, open until filled.
The Town of Three Lakes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.