The Three Lakes Public Library Foundation is the 501(c)3 fundraising agency for the Edward U. Demmer Memorial Library. It was established in 2003, and is currently the lead agency in fundraising both for the building renovation and addition.
Building Plan Update:
- In 2015, the Town of Three Lakes, the Demmer Library, and the Historical Museum worked with the architectural firm Becher Hoppe to develop a design that would incorporate space for all three in a single building complex with shared public restrooms and meeting space. Exterior Renderings and Floor Plan
- At the Annual Town Meeting in April, electors present voted 100 to 10 in favor of authorizing the Town Board to proceed with rebuilding the Town offices as a complex to include the police department, food pantry, an addition to the library, and year-round office and research space for the historical museum as described in the Becher-Hoppe conceptual design.
- The current total cost of the Becher-Hoppe design is estimated to be $3.6 million with $1 million in private donations raised by the Three Lakes Public Library Foundation and $100,000 pledged by the Historical Society
- To date, the Town Board of Three Lakes would like to levy no more than $1.6 million in tax payer dollars for the Town offices, police department and food pantry, leaving the library portion of the project $900,000 short of the overall goal.
- On November 8, Three Lakes voters approved $900,000 for the building renovation and expansion. THANK YOU!
- The Three Lakes Public Library Foundation continues fundraising efforts.
Save Your Seat – Furniture Fundraiser
For information and updates on our Building Design and Fundraising Campaign, visit:
The Three Lakes Public LIbrary Foundation is a non-profit, 501(c)3 corporation. The organization is governed by a board of directors comprised of volunteers dedicated to helping the community through the improvement of the library.
Donations to the building fund or contributions to the Foundation may be remitted and mailed to:
P O Box 283
Or dropped off at the Library. Thank you for your support.
To enhance the value of the Edward U. Demmer Memorial Library as a community resource. The Foundation helps develop and promote lifelong learning in Three Lakes through advocacy and the securing of funds.
The Foundation selectively supports positive, high quality activities such as adult and children’s learning programs, public access computer hardware and software, special collections, library furnishings and continuing education for Library staff.
- Initiates funding and endowment opportunities
- Identifies and funds special projects and services
- Inspires community interest and involvement