The Three Lakes Public Library Foundation is the 501(c)3 fundraising agency for the Edward U. Demmer Memorial Library. It was established in 2003, and is currently the lead agency in fundraising both for the building renovation and addition.
- On November 8, 2016, Three Lakes voters approved $900,000 for the building renovation and expansion. THANK YOU!
- The Town of Three Lakes reconsidered their participation in the design plan that the $900,000 referendum was built around. They separated themselves from that plan, and have contracted with a new design firm for a separate building.
- The Demmer Design and Construction Committee was established in March, 2017, and was charged with researching advising the Demmer Board of Trustees in the design, remodeling, and construction of the expansion of the Demmer Library.
- Selected and contracted with Hoffman Design, Planning & Construction, Inc., in June, 2017, to complete a conceptual, schematic, and engineered design.
- Presented the conceptual design to the Three Lakes Town Board and Planning Commission in October, 2017.
- Bids opened and contract awarded to Greenfire Management in March, 2018.
- Construction began April 2018.
- Move-in began in late January 2019, and the doors officially opened to the public on February 25 (in the aftermath of another brutal blizzard!).
- Over the spring and summer we continued to add finishing touches with the support of continued generous donations.
Want to know more about how it all happened? Follow the links below for the our story as told in real time:
The Three Lakes Public LIbrary Foundation is a non-profit, 501(c)3 corporation. The organization is governed by a board of directors comprised of volunteers dedicated to helping the community through the improvement of the library.
Donations to the building fund or contributions to the Foundation may be remitted and mailed to:
P O Box 283
Or dropped off at the Library. Thank you for your support.
- Robert Werner, President
- Rosie Obukowicz, Secretary
- Nancy Kimla, Treasurer
- Dianna Blicharz, member
- Kathleen Weyenberg – member
To enhance the value of the Edward U. Demmer Memorial Library as a community resource. The Foundation helps develop and promote lifelong learning in Three Lakes through advocacy and the securing of funds.
The Foundation selectively supports positive, high quality activities such as adult and children’s learning programs, public access computer hardware and software, special collections, library furnishings and continuing education for library staff.
- Initiates funding and endowment opportunities
- Identifies and funds special projects and services
- Inspires community interest and involvement