The Three Lakes Public Library Foundation is the 501(c)3 fundraising agency for the Edward U. Demmer Memorial Library. It was established in 2003, and is currently the lead agency in fundraising both for the building renovation and addition.
Building Plan Update:
- On November 8, Three Lakes voters approved $900,000 for the building renovation and expansion. THANK YOU!
- The Town of Three Lakes reconsidered their participation in the design plan that the $900,000 referendum was built around. They have now completely separated themselves from that plan, and are contracting with a new design firm for a separate building.
- Unfortunately, due to the Town Office’s physical location right next to us, we can’t just “go ahead with the design we have,” so January and February 2017 have been, to a certain degree, watching and waiting to see where we can go next. And this is where we’ve come to:
- Establish the Demmer Design and Construction Committee, which will be charged with researching advising the Demmer Board of Trustees in the design, remodeling, and construction of the expansion of the Demmer Library.
- Assess how we will go about selecting an architect/design firm to take us through the redesign process. We have worked closely with two architects who have both shown great leadership in developing designs we liked for the situations at the time. But how do we proceed from here?
Watch this place for more news to come!
For information and updates on our Building Design and Fundraising Campaign, visit:
The Three Lakes Public LIbrary Foundation is a non-profit, 501(c)3 corporation. The organization is governed by a board of directors comprised of volunteers dedicated to helping the community through the improvement of the library.
Donations to the building fund or contributions to the Foundation may be remitted and mailed to:
P O Box 283
Or dropped off at the Library. Thank you for your support.
To enhance the value of the Edward U. Demmer Memorial Library as a community resource. The Foundation helps develop and promote lifelong learning in Three Lakes through advocacy and the securing of funds.
The Foundation selectively supports positive, high quality activities such as adult and children’s learning programs, public access computer hardware and software, special collections, library furnishings and continuing education for Library staff.
- Initiates funding and endowment opportunities
- Identifies and funds special projects and services
- Inspires community interest and involvement