**UPDATED Tuesday, June 2**
We are adding services we feel can be done safely and as staffing allows. Check back to see changes. We appreciate everybody’s patience and understanding as we figure this out! Most recent updates highlighted in yellow.
Current services and hours:
- Open days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 10 AM – 5 PM
- Wednesdays: 12 PM – 7 PM
- Self-service vestibule:
- Items requested for checkout will be on the cart to the right of the door as you enter, organized by last 4 digits of your telephone number.
- Free magazines, and puzzles exchange
- Selection of used books, DVDs, and audiobooks: cash donations gratefully accepted in black box on cart
- Curbside delivery will still be available upon request. Call us when you arrive and we’ll bring your items out to you.
- Public computer use, printing/copying/scanning/faxing available by appointment
- call us to reserve your time
- 30 minute appointments on a public computer and for printing
- We can help you with copying/scanning/faxing
- Requesting items for check out: As of Tuesday, June 2, you may now request items from Minocqua Public Library, Rhinelander District Library, and Marathon County Pubic Library/branches (Wausau),Antigo Public Library (and Elcho and White Lake branches), Granton Public Library, and Loyal Public Library, to be delivered for pickup at Three Lakes. We will update this as more libraries are added to this list !
Library access and additional services will be phased in over the coming weeks.
Continue requesting materials to be placed on hold for you!
To request items:
We will contact you to let you know your materials will be ready for pickup in the vestibule.
- Item due dates will return to 2 weeks for books/audiobooks, and 1 week for DVDs
- Patron card expiration dates between 3/14/2020 and 6/30/2020 have been extended to 7/1/2020.
- Digital Resources (“Online Only”) patron cards have been extended to 7/1/2020.
*A note about the handling and disinfection of library materials for pickup*
We are aware that there are still questions about the how long the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 can survive and be transmitted from surfaces (paper, plastic, metal, etc.). We are following guidelines from the CDC and Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction for handling library materials to protect the health of staff and library users.
- All materials being returned to the library are placed in quarantine for up to 72 hours before being reshelved or checked out to the next person.
- Please note that due to these quarantine procedures it may take up to a week for items to appear as “checked in” on your library account
- When we check items in, they will backdated to the date they were returned, so no fines will accrue for the days in quarantine
- Library staff are washing hands before and wearing masks while handling materials for checkout.
- Library staff will not accept returns directly; all returned items must be placed in outside book drop where they will then be quarantined for up to 72 hours.
Surfaces in the vestibule are wiped down with disinfecting spray regularly during the open hours. However, we do not regularly wipe down books, puzzles, magazines, or other items in the vestibule. We recommend you use hand sanitizer and wash your hands when returning home.
Online resources available with a valid library card and your four digit pin number:
- Download books and audiobooks at Wisconsin’s online library at
i. Download the Overdrive or Libby app on your device. (Libby is the newest version but is currently not available for the Amazon Kindle.) ii. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with Overdrive/Libby
- Online learning with Gale Courses. Visit https://education.gale.com/l-wvalley for more information.
- Academic research and full text articles available through the WVLS Discovery Catalog. Visit http://catalog.wvls.org and click on “Discovery Catalog” in top left bar.
- Ancestry.com is offering at home access with your library card # and pin
i. Go to www.demmerlibrary.org and click on library Account Login on right hand side.
ii. Enter your card # and four digit pin.
iii. Click Ancestry Library at the top of your account page.
- Tumblebooks offers instantly available e books for children, teens, math specific, audiobooks, and romance Check out http://wvls.org/tumblebooks
- Thorp Public Library has a huge collection of What to Do When You’re Stuck At Home on their website :