**UPDATED Thursday, November 4**
We are adding services we feel can be done safely and as staffing allows. Check back to see changes. We appreciate everybody’s patience and understanding as we figure this out! Most recent updates highlighted in yellow.
Current services and hours:
- Open days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9 AM – 5 PM
- Wednesdays: 12 PM – 7 PM
- Limited in-person services
- Visitors will be welcome for 30 minutes of browsing and/or public computer use per day
- 10 users will be allowed in the upper level at one time.
- Face masks must be worn by all visitors to the building and all entering the building will be asked to use hand sanitizer, wash hands, and wipe down public computers and spaces before and after using them.
- Librarians will also be wearing face masks and disinfecting public spaces
- Extended self-service vestibule hours:
- Monday 10 AM – 7 PM
- Wednesday 10 AM – 12 PM
- Front doors are open for pick-up of reserved library materials, free magazine/puzzle exchange, and used book sale when interior of library is closed.
- Self-service vestibule:
- Items requested for checkout will be on the cart to the right of the door as you enter, organized by last 4 digits of your telephone number.
- Free magazines and puzzle exchange
- Selection of used books, DVDs, and audiobooks: cash donations gratefully accepted in black box on cart
- Meeting rooms are now bookable for 2 hours, one time per week during regular open hours:
- Printing/copying/scanning/faxing now available on a first-come, first serve basis during open hours.
- You may also email a document that needs printing to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will print and have ready for you to pick up
- We can help you with copying/scanning/faxing upon request
- We will deliver! Request home delivery by calling 715-546-3391 or emailing email@example.com
- Request a book/movie bundle. Not sure of exact titles you want? Demmer staff can select items for you. Call us or fill out the Book/Movie Bundle request form.
- Curbside delivery will still be available upon request. Call us when you arrive and we’ll bring your items out to you.
- Newspapers: we will not be purchasing the Journal Sentinel or State Journal. The Three Lakes News Review is now available for checkout. Northwoods River News, Lakeland Times, and Epoch Times (which we receive by mail subscription) will be available on the magazine exchange table to take/exchange, first come, first serve.
- Requesting items for check out: You may now request items from all libraries in the WVLS V-cat system. Limited Interlibrary loan from some libraries throughout the state or nation via WISCAT is now available.
Continue requesting materials to be placed on hold for you!
To request items:
- Log on to the library catalog at http://catalog.wvls.org and select items to place on hold.
- Request a book/movie bundle. Not sure of exact titles you want? Need some fresh ideas? Demmer staff can select items for you. Call us or fill out the Book/Movie Bundle request form.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and phone number where we can reach you.
- Call 715-546-3391 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays, or leave a message with your request and phone number.
We will contact you to let you know your materials will be ready for pickup in the vestibule.
- Item due dates are 2 weeks for books/audiobooks, and 1 week for DVDs.
*A note about the handling and disinfection of library materials for pickup*
We are aware that there are still questions about the how long the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 can survive and be transmitted from surfaces (paper, plastic, metal, etc.). We are following guidelines from the CDC and Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction for handling library materials to protect the health of staff and library users.
- All materials being returned to the library are placed in quarantine before being reshelved or checked out to the next person.
- Please note that due to these quarantine procedures it may take up to a week for items to appear as “checked in” on your library account
- When we check items in, they will backdated to the date they were returned, so no fines will accrue for the days in quarantine
- Library staff are washing hands before and wearing masks while handling materials for checkout.
- Library staff will not accept returns directly; all returned items must be placed in outside book drop where they will then be quarantined.
We do not regularly wipe down books, puzzles, magazines, or other items in the vestibule. We recommend you use hand sanitizer and wash your hands when returning home.
Online resources available with a valid library card and your four digit pin number:
- Download books and audiobooks at Wisconsin’s online library at
i. Download the Overdrive or Libby app on your device. (Libby is the newest version but is currently not available for the Amazon Kindle.) ii. Email email@example.com for assistance with Overdrive/Libby
- Online learning with Gale Courses. Visit https://education.gale.com/l-wvalley for more information.
- Academic research and full text articles available through the WVLS Discovery Catalog. Visit http://catalog.wvls.org and click on “Discovery Catalog” in top left bar.
- Ancestry.com is offering at home access with your library card # and pin
i. Go to www.demmerlibrary.org and click on library Account Login on right hand side.
ii. Enter your card # and four digit pin.
iii. Click Ancestry Library at the top of your account page.
- Tumblebooks offers instantly available e books for children, teens, math specific, audiobooks, and romance Check out http://wvls.org/tumblebooks
- Thorp Public Library has a huge collection of What to Do When You’re Stuck At Home on their website :