Saturday, June 20 marks the beginning of the Demmer Library Summer Reading Program. This year’s theme is “Imagine Your Story”. The program will take place virtually through an application called BeanStack.
“Beanstack is really quite handy,” April Lammert the Programming Librarian remarks. “The app tracks your minutes read, books and activities. You can log the specific book you read and leave a review on the book. It’s like GoodReads but with prizes.”
Participants will join the program by logging on to demmerlibrary.beanstack.org and registering themselves or their family. Challenges are based on age and the different reading levels have different things to track or log. Once registered you can log minutes, log activities, and write reviews to earn badges. The badges equal one ticket into the weekly drawing. Prizes are gift certificates from local businesses.
Check the website (www.demmerlibrary.org) or their Facebook page to see the fun activities they have planned to keep up with social distancing but also have a fun summer.
Direction are below on how to log-in and get started:
Follow these simple steps to register individually or a family:
- Go to demmerlibrary.beanstack.org
- Click on Register an Individual or Family
- It will ask you if you want to register yourself or your child.
- If registering as a family, the parent should begin by clicking I am registering myself. Once complete, follow the prompts to add another adult or child.
- To view and log under each family member’s name simply choose switch reader in the upper left corner of your home page after logging in.
- Once registered, access your account by logging in to Beanstack using the username and password that you initially created.
To Log books or activities:
- Sign into your Beanstack account. In the upper left corner click on your name or switch readers. The program for the appropriate age level will display. Click return to this program under the reading program.
- Click Log Reading and Activities in the right hand corner.
- Preschoolers log books for 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten—fill out number of books and click log.
- Adults, Teens, and Children log minutes for Summer Reading Program— fill out number of minutes and click log.
- Adults, Teens, and Children, Log activities—click activities. Select Activity/activities completed and click log.
When using a public computer, make sure you Sign Out of your Beanstack account after each use.
If you have questions or need help with the online Beanstack process, please contact the Library 715-546-3391. Bring in your device if you need help with the Beanstack Tracker app. We appreciate your patience with this new online component to our Summer Reading Program.